Would you like to franchise a performing arts school?
Jittabugs Theatre School was created by Caroline Ashworth (a previous dancer/actress). Her dream is to ensure performing arts is available to all children no matter their shape, size, background or financial circumstances. Children everywhere should have the chance to be part of the magic of the performing arts world, therefore our classes are affordable for everybody. Consequently, in order to be able to share these classes with everyone we now franchise the company, and because it is a tried and tested business so there is less risk than starting of your own company and reinventing the wheel.
Our Sister Company, Jittabugs, is a strong, growing team of tutors all over the UK and internationally and we are GOLD members of The Children’s Activities Association. Caroline Ashworth CEO & Founder has been franchising the sister company Jittabugs since 2003 and the company is an awarding Franchise system boosting a 98% satisfaction rate with its franchisees. As a result, our Theatre School is now looking to expand in an effort to cover more regions across the UK, so this is a great opportunity to franchise a performing arts school with us.
Jittabugs is a one stop shop for Pre School Activities and Dance and is an award winning franchisor and business. Our Theatre School is the next big thing so don’t miss your chance to Franchise a Performing Arts School and become the owner of your very own Jittabugs Theatre School in your local area.
What does Jittabugs Theatre School offer our customers?
- Classes for 4-16 yr olds
- Classes for 18 months to 5 year olds if running the Pre School Programs
- Regular classes during term time and holiday clubs and Parties if the tutor wishes
- Classes taught by professionals, not franchisees
- All the necessary policies in place to run a safe and fun theatre school
- Our Theatre Schools build on confidence, self esteem and many other skills which will stay with them forever
Why Jittabugs Theatre School?
- Would you like to be your own boss?
- Franchise a performing arts school in your area?
- Have great earning potential?
- Flexible working hours?
- Own a family friendly business?
- If so then a franchise model may be perfect for you!
Franchise Jittabugs Theatre School and you can expand over time. You can build your own successful and rewarding business, while choosing your own hours of work to fit around your family.
There are also various types of classes that you may offer as part of your theatre school.:
- Ballet & Boogie/ Tap & Boogie/ Jazz & Boogie (these programs come with lesson plans and music)
- School Age Programs (for students aged 4-16 years)
- Ballet/Tap/Jazz/Theatre (Non- Syllabus style classes)
- Drama and Singing
These can be separate classes or combined theatre classes and you can also offer performances, holiday workshops and parties.
What would a franchise be responsible for?
You will be the school’s Principal, responsible for the day to day running of your Theatre School. It is up to you whether you choose to also be the teacher of your classes or wish to hire staff to teach the sessions. You will employ professionals/former professionals only to teach acting, singing and dancing. As the Principal of your Theatre School you will need to oversee classes.
What can a franchise expect?
You will receive training and all of the necessary, manuals and systems to help you run your business efficiently and professionally. In addition, there is also the potential to earn a significant income and you will love seeing students grow and develop in the world of performing arts. You will also sell uniform such as branded T shirts and Hoodies, jazz shoes, tutus and ballet shoes.
Furthermore, Head Office will be on hand to help you at every step of your journey and we will provide you with:
- A Business training course
- Sales and marketing training.
- An Operational Manual.
- Lesson Plans and Music where needed.
- A page on the website.
- A dedicated email address.
- Access to the tutor forum.
- Access to our printing website for promotional materials
- A Starter Uniform and access to our uniform shop
- Recruitment advise, venues, how to launch the business, and day-to-day running of the theatre school.
- 24/7 support and monitoring.
- Regular conferences and franchisee awards.
- A Child Protection Policy
- An online NSPCC Safeguarding Course
What we are looking for
Whether your background is Dance, Drama, Singing, Performing, Teaching or Business, we look for:
- A must is a passion for the performing arts with creative skills.
- Preferably experience working with young people
- Excellent customer care qualities
- A motivator and the ability to encourage and inspire children.
- Preferably business, social media, marketing and commercial awareness , although training will be given.
- Be self motivated with a positive attitude
How does it work?
We award our franchises to the highest quality candidates who become our most valued ambassadors for the Jittabugs Theatre School brand, because of this our recruitment process is as follows:
Stage 1 – Email: jittabugstheatreschool.com
- Then complete the application form
- A member of Head office will call you back for an initial conversation
Stage 2 – Meet with us direct or a Skype Call
- Meet with Head office or another local franchisee to ask all of your questions
- If Head office decides to progress with your application, we will ask you to present your business plan to us at Jittabugs theatre School Head Office
These plans need to include things like:
- Where you plan to run your sessions?
- Who will teach the sessions?
- Will you hire staff?
- If you plan to run parties and holiday clubs
- Ideas for classes
- How you will fund your business to start
- If you wish to train in the Pre School Classes?
If you are successful at this stage an agreement will be drawn up and funds exchanged, forum access given, a dedicated webpage and email address.
You will be DBS checked as part of your initial franchise fee and be added to an online safeguarding course. You will then attend a First Aid course booked and paid for yourself.
Stage 3 – Franchise a Performing Arts School and start your Jittabugs Theatre School journey.
- Review the franchise agreement and finalise the finer details such as territory, training dates, payment dates.
- Attend your training.
- Market Your School
Email : email@example.com to contact head office about franchising